This is a special, two-part program for Chinese companies doing business in the United States and American companies seeking investment opportunities abroad.
Part I — Morning Session 8:15am to 12:15pm
(Recommended for Chinese Companies)
Successfully Navigating Your Business in the U.S. During
Challenging Economic Times
Foreign companies doing business in the United States face a wide range of challenges to entering the marketplace. The Morning Session will offer your company an exciting opportunity to learn practical strategies to meet the intricacies of U.S. and state laws, manage business risks and navigate through these challenging economic times. You will learn what you need to do to be successful in the lucrative U.S. market.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Effective immigration compliance as a component of your company’s overall risk management;
- Counseling foreign multinationals on U.S. labor and employment issues: What’s new — and what’s to come in the Obama Administration;
- Managing risks through Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Program Initiatives;
- Reducing risks through corporate compliance programs;
- Meeting the intricacies of international trade practices and customs laws;
- Protecting your company’s proprietary information and trade secrets;
- Understanding employee health insurance and retirement plans: administration and regulation;
- Taking advantage of opportunities to acquire real estate and U.S. companies in a distressed economic environment; and
- Special Business Focus: Health Care and Life Sciences sector acquisition and joint venture opportunities.
You will become acquainted with the U.S. laws and practices that affect your business and learn how to guide your company through this ever-changing landscape. The seminar will be interactive, allowing you to pose questions to the attorneys and have your specific concerns addressed. PowerPoint slides will be presented in English and Chinese.
Part II — Afternoon Session 1:45pm to 4:45pm
(Recommended for American Companies)
Investment Opportunities For American Companies In China
Following a complimentary buffet lunch, Epstein Becker Green attorneys Jian Hang and Dean L. Silverberg will be joined by colleagues from our Chinese law firm affiliate and other practitioners to take the mystery out of doing business in China for American companies seeking investment opportunities overseas.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Introducing China’s merger and acquisition rules;
- Facing the challenges of China’s Labor Contract Law and Anti-Discrimination laws;
- Understanding China’s newly effective Anti-Monopoly law and its practice;
- Working through the intricacies of Intellectual Property;
- Understanding Corporate Social Responsibility and Social Compliance Standards;
- Exercising due diligence over the extraterritorial application of Foreign Corrupt Practices; and
- Act compliance and other extraterritorial U.S. laws.
You will learn first-hand from experienced EBG attorneys and Chinese practitioners how to successfully overcome the legal complexities of doing business in China.
This event is being sponsored by Epstein Becker Green, Bank of China and China Chamber of Commerce in USA.
There is no fee to attend this event. A complimentary breakfast, a buffet lunch and an end-of-the-day wine reception will be provided.
Click here to register.