A two-part webinar series featuring
Epstein Becker Green, Yale Behavioral Health, and Edgemont Capital
Part I – Substance Abuse Disorder Providers
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
2:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Part II – Autism Condition Providers
Thursday, July 12, 2018
2:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Private-equity firms and national health care companies are focused on acquisitions of, and investments in, health care companies involved in the treatment of substance use disorders and autism spectrum conditions. More people than ever require treatment from facilities and other health care providers focused on these conditions, and there have been record levels of federal and state funding for these patients—all of which have positively impacted the market valuation of these companies. Moving forward, we expect to see increasing activity in the addiction and autism service spaces as markets mature and investors partner with clinical providers to deliver these essential services to growing populations.
Before committing substantial capital to acquisitions, potential buyers and investors conduct robust due diligence to confirm that target companies are operating in a legal and compliant manner. These webinars, through a unique multidisciplinary team format, will describe vital components of the due diligence process, identifying the key clinical, quality-of-care, regulatory, and operational factors that will be under scrutiny in assessing a company’s value and the sustainability of its revenues.
Webinar panelists include:
- A national health care investment banker focusing on this space who will discuss:
- Recent market activity and trends in the substance abuse and autism sectors, as well as important considerations in assessing the value of companies in these sectors
- What is involved in competitive processes seeking investment, partnership, and/or sale
- The chief operating officer of Yale Behavioral Health, with extensive experience in clinical due diligence and operational assessments in the behavioral health industry, along with a healthcare regulatory attorney with similar experience, who will discuss:
- Major clinical and compliance issues that arise in the industry that can have a negative effect on the revenue of substance abuse and autism treatment providers
- Strategies for best positioning your company to be compliant and avoid devaluation in the transaction process
- A national health care mergers and acquisitions attorney who will discuss:
- How to get your corporate house in order before venturing into a potential competitive process or transaction
- Key deal issues to address when negotiating contract terms for a strategic investment and/or sale transaction
If you have questions regarding this event, please contact Whitney Krebs.