Private equity (PE) investment in physician groups has steadily grown over the last several years, with 219 physician group deals being announced or closed last year.
This trend leaves some groups wondering, is PE for us? There are five critical factors that physician groups should consider:
- “Monetizing” the value of your ownership in your practice
- Hedging future risk in light of increasing uncertainty in the health care industry
- Increasing efficiencies in practice management to allow the physicians to focus on clinical care
- Having access to capital to invest in better infrastructure and growth
- Assessing the experience, financial track record, and culture of the PE partner
Stay tuned to Epstein Becker Green’s Thought Leaders in Health Law® to learn more about each of the five critical factors for physician groups considering PE investment.
About Thought Leaders in Health Law
The Thought Leaders in Health Law® video series tracks the latest trends in multiple areas of the health care and life sciences industries, featuring attorneys and advisors from Epstein Becker Green and EBG Advisors.
Trouble viewing this video? Please contact Kelli Sakalousky at email@example.com and mention whether you were at home or working within a corporate network. We’d also love to hear your suggestions for future episode topics.
THOUGHT LEADERS IN HEALTH LAW® is a registered trademark of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.