Gary W. Herschman, Anjana D. Patel, and Zachary S. Taylor, attorneys in the Health Care & Life Sciences practice, in the firm’s Newark office, co-authored an article in Bloomberg Health Law & Business, titled “Record Number of Health-Care Deals Close 2021 with a Bang.” The piece was also co-authored by Hector M. Torres, Managing Director at FocalPoint LLC, and Larry Kocot, Principal at KPMG LLP, and Carole Streicher, Partner at KPMG LLP.
Following is an excerpt:
- physicians’ desire to “monetize” the true value of their medical practices while valuations are very high;
- future uncertainty (and reductions) in reimbursement levels and models of care;
- heightened competition by hospitals and other large companies/platforms;
- the benefits of being part of larger organizations with substantial capital for growth, advanced EMR/data analytics, and seasoned executives; and
- “FOMO” with respect to deals they are hearing about from their physician colleagues they trained with, in their communities, and at national specialty association conferences.