Lauri F. Rasnick and Elizabeth K. McManus, attorneys in the Employment, Labor, and Workforce Management practice, in the firm’s New York office, co-authored an article in the Bloomberg Daily Labor Report, titled “Preventing Physical and Verbal Covid-19 Workplace Violence.”
Following is an excerpt:
- advertising Covid-19 related policies on the business website;
- posting signs to let customers know about safety measures such as masks and social distancing requirements;
- providing employee training on threat recognition, conflict resolution, and nonviolent response;
- putting in place steps to asses and respond to workplace violence, e.g., reporting to a manager or supervisor or calling 911; and
- remaining aware of and supporting employees and customers if a threatening or violent situation occurs.