When analyzing the life cycle of any health care product, a key component to consider is how much the product will cost and who will pay for it. What unique challenges do direct access tests (DATs) pose when it comes to reimbursement and related compliance requirements?
On the second episode of our four-part series on direct access laboratory testing, Bob Hearn and Megan Robertson, attorneys at Epstein Becker Green, and Dr. Joel Brill, a strategic consultant at EBG Advisors, Inc., discuss coverage and reimbursement for DATs, as well as the related compliance factors that labs, product developers, and investors in the diagnostic testing industry should be aware of.
Stay tuned for upcoming episodes and guests in our special series on direct access laboratory testing.
About the Diagnosing Health Care Podcast
The Diagnosing Health Care podcast series examines the business opportunities and solutions that exist despite the high-stakes legal, policy, and regulatory issues that the health care industry faces.
Trouble listening to this podcast? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention whether you were at home or working within a corporate network. We'd also love to hear your suggestions for future episode topics.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Never miss an episode! Subscribe to Diagnosing Health Care on your preferred platform – Amazon Music / Audible, Apple Podcasts, Audacy, Deezer, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Overcast, Pandora, PlayerFM, Spotify, Vimeo, YouTube.
Spread the Word
Would your colleagues, professional network, or friends benefit from Diagnosing Health Care? Please share the edition each week on LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter, and your connections can subscribe for email notifications.
- Academic and Clinical Research
- Corporate Compliance Program Development, Implementation, and Effectiveness
- Drug and Medical Device Distribution
- FDA Inspections and Enforcement
- Health Care
- Health Care and Life Sciences Investigations and Enforcement
- Health Care and Life Sciences Investor Services
- Industry Research and Clinical Trials
- Life Sciences
- Life Sciences Due Diligence
- Product Marketing and Compliance
- Regulatory Strategy, Product Development, and Product Approvals