A complex landscape of state laws overlays the direct access testing model, ranging from physician order requirements, such as telemedicine standards and the corporate practice of medicine doctrine, to specimen collection considerations, including how the varying options for collection could impact a model.
How do these factors combine to create a roadmap for companies navigating the direct access testing industry?
On the third episode of our four-part series on direct access laboratory testing, Epstein Becker Green attorneys Bob Hearn, Amy Lerman, and Megan Robertson discuss physician ordering and specimen collection considerations for direct access laboratory testing stakeholders.
Stay tuned for the final episode of our special series on direct access laboratory testing.
About the Diagnosing Health Care Podcast
The Diagnosing Health Care podcast series examines the business opportunities and solutions that exist despite the high-stakes legal, policy, and regulatory issues that the health care industry faces.
Trouble listening to this podcast? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention whether you were at home or working within a corporate network. We'd also love to hear your suggestions for future episode topics.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Never miss an episode! Subscribe to Diagnosing Health Care on your preferred platform – Amazon Music / Audible, Apple Podcasts, Audacy, Deezer, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Overcast, Pandora, PlayerFM, Spotify, Vimeo, YouTube.
Spread the Word
Would your colleagues, professional network, or friends benefit from Diagnosing Health Care? Please share the edition each week on LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter, and your connections can subscribe for email notifications.
- Academic and Clinical Research
- Corporate Compliance Program Development, Implementation, and Effectiveness
- Drug and Medical Device Distribution
- FDA Inspections and Enforcement
- Health Care
- Health Care and Life Sciences Investigations and Enforcement
- Health Care and Life Sciences Investor Services
- Industry Research and Clinical Trials
- Life Sciences
- Life Sciences Due Diligence
- Product Marketing and Compliance
- Regulatory Strategy, Product Development, and Product Approvals