Peter Steinmeyer, Member of the Firm, speaks on a panel, “Two Sides of the Same Coin—Managing a Key Employee Departure and Critical Hire,” at the 2022 Noncompetes and Restrictive Covenants program, hosted by the Practising Law Institute (PLI).
In this session:
- Assess and understand the risks posed to all parties when an employee leaves for a competitor
- Appreciate the impact that good off-boarding steps and thoughtful restrictive covenants will have on handling departures
- Understand what your internal technical capabilities are, what forensic options are available, and when to use which
- Learn about risks of exposing a new employer to cross-contamination of trade secrets and other confidential business information from prior employers
- Evaluate options and decide when to seek injunctive relief
- Assessing the risk or availability of monetary damages
- Evaluate your company’s onboarding procedures
- Implement a step-by-step checklist to limit the risk of trade secret infiltration
- Outline an early plan to avoid a lawsuit – how to keep an open dialogue
- Determine when to engage outside counsel
For more information and to register, please visit PLI.edu.