New York, NY (June 26, 2012) — The national law firm of Epstein Becker Green (EBG) today announced it has launched the TechHealth Perspectives blog, which will provide up-to-date coverage and analysis on telehealth and telemedicine, privacy and security issues, health information technology, state and federal regulatory issues, and the latest information on health care reform.
"EBG is at the forefront of emerging laws and the new application of current laws related to information and communications technologies used in health care delivery and diagnostics," said Dale Van Demark, a Member of the Firm in the Corporate Services and Health Care and Life Sciences practices, in the Washington, D.C., office. "Our attorneys apply in-depth legal knowledge to strategize with their clients to provide advice on matters relating to developments in health technology and the use of these technologies to improve the quality and efficiency of health care."
Epstein Becker Green provides complete services to health care technology and telehealth clients including:
- Counseling non-traditional health care companies such as IT and consumer electronic entities entering the health market
- Analyzing laws regarding licensure, prescribing, reimbursement, coverage, practice of medicine, credentialing, and privileging
- Assisting new health technology companies regarding legal, regulatory, and business issues
- Counseling regarding various issues (including fraud and abuse) in establishing telehealth regional networks
- Security risk assessments as required under HIPAA rule, federal contracting standards and for "meaningful use" payments
- Counseling clients regarding privacy and data security compliance and related issues, including security and gap analyses
- Defense of actions brought by federal and state government and/or private litigants
- Responding to CMS, client and contractor audits
The authors of the blog are attorneys in the firm's Health Care and Life Sciences practice, including Ross K. Friedberg, Amy Lerman, Rene Quashie, Joel Rush, Alaap B. Shah, and Dale Van Demark. Visit the TechHealth Perspectives blog at www.techhealthperspectives.com.
About Epstein Becker Green
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C., is a national law firm with a primary focus on health care and life sciences; employment, labor, and workforce management; and litigation and business disputes. Founded in 1973 as an industry-focused firm, Epstein Becker Green has decades of experience serving clients in health care, financial services, retail, hospitality, and technology, among other industries, representing entities from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Operating in locations throughout the United States and supporting domestic and multinational clients, the firm’s attorneys are committed to uncompromising client service and legal excellence. For more information, visit www.ebglaw.com.