Alaap B. Shah, Member of the Firm, will present the webinar “Health Plan Cybersecurity Trends and Risk Management Response Preparations” during the HealthcareWebSummit event, co-sponsored by MCOL and LexisNexis Risk Solutions.
The distractions, strain on resources and associated challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic only heighten the potential vulnerabilities health plans face in safeguarding their organizations’ cybersecurity. Health plans are well advised to stay vigilant – monitoring current trends and proactively assessing and updating their risk management response preparations.
Health plans continue to be subject to advanced persistent threats from organized hacking groups, and payers need to adopt and update in-depth strategies and comprehensive incident response plans to thwart or mitigate these attacks. These protective countermeasures should be part of the organization’s formalized information security program designed to anticipate, prevent, detect and respond to future similar attacks targeting any organization.
- Examine current cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities affecting health plans
- Consider current practices that cybersecurity experts rank as most effective against such threats
- Identify components of an effective risk management program
- Understand the importance of Increasing Board and C-Suite awareness of cybersecurity obligations and responsibilities
- Share in interactive learning through online attendee polling on cybersecurity responsibilities, and through time provided for faculty question and answers
For more information and to register, please visit HealthWebSummit.com.