Join us as we traverse the landscape in the wake of Ledbetter and provide legal insights and practice guidance on:
- The likely reach of Ledbetter on future “disparate treatment?” pay claims based on sex, as well as race, national origin and other protected categories under Title VII and related anti-discrimination statutes;
- The potential limits of Ledbetter on “disparate impact?” claims, as well as on cases brought under the Equal Pay Act, 42 U.S.C. Section 1981(race & national origin claims) and state/local fair employment practices laws;
- The possible effect of Ledbetter on the “continuing violation?” exception to the filing deadline in harassment and hostile work environment cases;
- How understanding dissenter Justice Ginsburg’s anger can help employers prevent “Lilly Ledbetter?” lawsuits;
- Other practical steps to avoid pay discrimination claims; and
- Will Congress take Justice Ginsburg’s call to legislatively overrule Ledbetter?