Genevieve Murphy-Bradacs, Senior Counsel, and Jillian de Chavez-Lau, Associate, co-present “Examining Legal Issues in Interviewing and Hiring” for Lawline.
The interviewing and hiring process is fraught with potential legal risks for employers. In this course, Genevieve and Jillian walk through areas of risk, and common pitfalls, during the recruitment, selection, and hiring process, and identify practical steps employers can take to minimize potential liability.
- Evaluate hiring policies and practices to ensure compliance with anti-discrimination laws
- Review how to avoid or minimize risk during the interview stage
- Identify areas of legal risk with respect to pre-employment inquiries and drug-testing
- Assess documentation in the hiring process
- Discuss areas of legal risk and best practices with respect to onboarding new hires.
For more information, please visit Lawline.com.