Best Practices for Hiring & Avoiding Liability
Presented by Epstein Becker Green Attorneys: Thomas A. Cox, Jr., and Evan Rosen
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Registration, Breakfast, and Networking
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Briefing and Q&A
The process of hiring an employee is a legal minefield that may result in significant liability for the unwary and uneducated. Indeed, as plaintiffs continue to look for new ways to make a quick buck, even the most seasoned executives and human resources personnel can misstep, resulting in six and seven figure judgments against your company.
Companies in the health care industry are particularly susceptible to discrimination and retaliation lawsuits based on a failure to hire or promote. Lawsuits in this industry have centered on every aspect of the hiring process including the job advertisement, the employment application, the interviewing process, the background check, and the ultimate hiring decision. The goal of this presentation is to provide a nuts and bolts of “do’s and don’ts” to help your company minimize potential legal liabilities.
This is our inaugural presentation of a regular monthly breakfast series that is specifically designed for health care and wellness company executives and human resources professionals.
This session will cover:
- Legal pitfalls of job advertisements and job descriptions
- Do’s and Don’ts of job applications
- Tracking applicant flow data for federal contractors
- Best practices for interviewing candidates
- Conducting background checks under Georgia and Federal law
- What to include in an offer letter and/or employment agreement
- Hot button issues to help your company avoid liability
Registration Is Complimentary
To register, please click here.
For additional information, please contact Rachel Marshall or call 202-861-4198.