David Matyas, Member of the Firm, co-presents “Preparing Law Students for Practice – Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities in Health Law” at the 2023 Health Law Professors Conference. The conference is sponsored by the American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics in conjunction with the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law and runs from June 7 to 9.
- Trends/challenges/opportunities in health law practice
- Substantive knowledge and skills sets that employers are looking for in recent grads.
- Engaging practitioners as adjuncts/clinic advisors/coaches, etc.
- Fostering compliance career pathways.
- Strategies for fostering a diverse pipeline.
- Tips for helping students build a professional community/network while in law school.
David is joined on the panel by:
- David Cade, American Health law Association
- Asha Scielzo, American University Washington College of Law
- Lisa Ohrin Wilson, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, HHS
For more information, visit UMaryland.edu.