Gretchen Harders, Member of the Firm, copresents “Health Care Reform: An Employer’s Essential Guide,” an audio-only webcast produced by Practising Law Institute (PLI).
Guidance on health care reform is coming in fast and from all angles. The departments of Health and Human Services, Treasury and Labor have recently been releasing proposed rules in droves, with much more to come on the horizon. Employers must already contend with several of the new rules, and other looming requirements will become effective soon. Are you keeping up with the waves of notices, advisories, and regulations? Will your company be ready to comply as the new world order of health care reform becomes reality?
This one-hour briefing will help demystify an employer’s obligations under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and assist employers in complying with the new requirements while avoiding costly mistakes. The speakers will:
- Provide attendees with an overview of the health care reforms that employers must already have incorporated into their group health plans and new requirements for 2013 and the upcoming enrollment period
- Discuss the new “employer-shared responsibility” penalties that will be imposed on certain large employers who fail to provide health coverage or fail to provide affordable and adequate health coverage to their employees beginning 2014
- Examine incentives for nondiscriminatory wellness programs in group health plans
- Discuss innovative approaches employers are considering to comply with health care reform and control costs
- Delve into other select health care reform rules of critical importance to employers
For more information, visit PLI.edu.