Alaap Shah and Andy Rusczek, Members of the Firm, present at Health Care Data: Navigating Legal and Operational Challenges, a virtual program hosted by the American Health Law Association, on April 13.
Digital health technologies are transforming health care delivery, but also presenting new legal and operational challenges for health care providers. During AHLA’s one-day, virtual Health Care Data program, leading experts offer insights on key legal and regulatory developments, data governance, interoperability, privacy, compliance, cyber security, and more.
This program is designed for in-house and outside counsel, privacy and security officers, compliance officers, consultants, and others who advise health care clients on the complex issues surrounding health care data regulatory and implementation challenges.
Alaap co-presents “Data Governance: A Digital Economy Depends on Digital Trust” at 11:00 am.
The panel explores:
- The role of data governance in complying with an often misaligned patchwork of federal and state regulations and with community norms and standards in deciding how to use, protect and disclose data
- Data stewardship principles and best practices–moving beyond privacy and security
- The role of ethics in data governance
- Data governance as a differentiator to build trust
- How to leverage data governance to build a culture of compliance
- Assembling a well-functioning data governance committee: The composition, need, functions, and membership
- The data governance lifecycle activities: Data cataloguing and valuation; assess privacy and data protection risk; evaluate data acquisition, aggregation, use and disclosure policies; consider retention and destruction approach
- Who owns the data vs. who should own the data?
Andy co-presents “The Health Data Gold Rush: Exploring the Legal, Operational, and Ethical Concerns of Data Monetization” at 3:00 pm.
- Data collection strategies
- Data governance
- Privacy considerations
- Ethical concerns
- Implication of possible antitrust enforcement in digital health transactions
For more information and to register, please visit AmericanHealthLaw.org.