Stuart Gerson, Member of the Firm, and Daniel Fundakowski, Senior Counsel, will co-present “Fundamentals of Health Care Law,” a webinar hosted by Lorman.
Health care organizations continue to face a significant number of federal government enforcement actions premised on allegations that claims submitted to government health care programs were not medically necessary, not documented appropriately, or failed to meet complicated coding and billing rules and regulations, among a litany of other theories that can give rise to liability under the federal False Claims Act (FCA).
Mr. Gerson and Mr. Fundakowski will discuss recent trends in federal FCA enforcement, highlight the key FCA case law and regulatory developments from 2020, describe strategies to identify compliance and mitigate enforcement risk, and explain what regulated entities should expect and be wary of in 2021 and beyond.
- Mechanics of the False Claims Act (FCA)
- State of the Law: Key FCA Developments from 2020
- FCA Enforcement Statistics and Trends
- FCA Risk Associated with COVID-19 Relief Programs
- FCA Compliance Best Practices: Mitigating Enforcement Risk
- What to Expect in 2021: FCA Enforcement and Priorities
For more information, visit Lorman.com.