Susan Gross Sholinsky, Member of the Firm, and Jennifer A. Goldman, Associate, present “Flexible Work Arrangements and the Law: Benefits, Compliance Considerations, and How to Implement FWAs,” a Center for Competitive Management (CCM) webinar.
In today’s world of work, flexible work arrangements (FWAs) are fast becoming part of the landscape at many organizations. But the laws that govern FWAs are complex and can make compliance tricky. In fact, in order to reap the benefits that FWAs provide to both the company and its employees, employers must understand and abide by all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing FWAs.
- How federal, state and local laws apply to FWAs,
- Best practices for remaining compliant, and
- How-to effectively implement FWAs.
Speakers will define and discuss applicable aspects of pertinent laws including:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state wage/hour laws
- Federal and state occupational safety and health laws (including OSHA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and state family/medical leave laws
- Americans with Disabilities Act/ADAAA and their state equivalents
During this comprehensive session, you’ll also learn:
- How state laws apply and how to keep on top of them
- Language to include when implementing a written FWA policy
- Wage and hour issues pertaining to both exempt and non-exempt employees on FWAs
- Lessons learned from real life lawsuits, and how to avoid them
For more information, please visit http://c4cm.com/hr/flexible-work-arrangements.htm.