Glenn Prives, Member of the Firm, co-presents "Private Equity Transactions in Healthcare," a webinar hosted by Strafford.
This CLE course will guide counsel involved in structuring private equity transactions in the health care arena. The panel will discuss the nuts and bolts of structuring the transaction, including purchase price considerations, tax structures, deal terms, and indemnities. The panel will also address approaches to overcome regulatory problems.
Private equity firms play an active role in healthcare deals. The health care sector is seeking and drawing private equity firms' attention for investment in long-term care, urgent care, surgery centers, health IT companies, behavioral health, and dental practices. Many shifted their attention to telehealth when the COVID-19 pandemic hit.
Counsel must consider several factors when structuring private equity transactions, including purchase price issues, deal structure, and tax implications, as well as Stark, Anti-Kickback Statute, and other regulatory matters.
Listen as this authoritative panel examines the nuts and bolts of health care private equity transactions. The panel will discuss purchase price considerations, tax structures, deal terms, and indemnities. The panel will also guide in addressing regulatory issues in health care private equity transactions.
- Purchase price considerations
- Deal and tax structuring and the impact of legacy tax structures and the corporate practice of medicine
- Common deal terms and indemnities
- Regulatory issues
- Restrictive covenants
- Equity rollover considerations and structuring of governance, puts/calls, and tag-along/drag-along considerations
The panel will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- What hurdles do counsel encounter when involving private equity firms in health care transactions?
- What factors should counsel keep in mind when determining price and deal structure?
- What best practices should counsel employ to ensure regulatory compliance in a health care private equity transaction?
For more information, visit StraffordPub.com.