Erik Weibust, Member of the Firm, speaks on a panel, "Damages for Trade Secrets Misappropriation," at the Advanced Trade Secrets 2022 conference, hosted by the Practising Law Institute (PLI).
Large damages awards have become an increasingly important part of trade secrets disputes nationally. So are remands and retrials on the issue of damages. How can clients pursue and defend against claims for damages?
This panel discusses:
- When should parties begin thinking about damages in trade secret disputes?
- What harms are “reparable” and how?
- How should parties think about profits in an emerging business and avoid undue speculation?
- When is enrichment “unjust” in a trade secret dispute?
- When are royalties for misappropriation “reasonable,” and how can they best be calculated?
- When are punitive damages in trade secret disputes excessive?
- Bridging the gap between commercial and litigation considerations
For more information and to register, please visit PLI.edu.