Registration and Breakfast 8:00 a.m.
Welcome Remarks 8:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
Morning Plenary 8:45 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Break 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Workshops 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Lunch 12:15 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Ethics Workshop 1:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Employer Health Benefit Strategies in the Affordable Care Era:
Legal and Compliance Issues (1.5 CLE Credits)
- U.S Supreme Court and Congress: Where Do We Stand?
- Wellness Plans: What Works? What's Legal?
- Value-Based Purchasing Strategies: Taking Control of Health Care Benefit Plans
The Financial Services Industry:
Financial Services Under the Microscope: Re-Examining Employment Issues to Avoid Pitfalls in a Competitive Global Economy (1.5 CLE Credits)
- Common Issue of Misclassifying Employees Under the FLSA
- Bonus Litigation Defense Tactics and Drafting Tips
- Latest Trends and Issues in FINRA Arbitrations
- Recent Developments in Clawbacks and Dodd-Frank
The Health Care Industry:
Is There a Crystal Ball? Health Care Employers Should Continue to Expect Challenges (1.5 CLE Credits)
- Social Media and Privacy: It's Not All About the Patient
- The NLRB and Its Effect on Non-Union and Union Workforces
- Wage & Hour Issues, Including "Employment at Will" Agreements
- ADA Accommodations for the Health Care Entity
- The Affordable Care Act - Are You Ready for 2014?
- FMLA: Controlling Employees' Use and Abuse of Intermittent Leave
The Retail Industry:
The Mystery Shopper's Manual: Uncovering the Legal Issues Facing Today's Retail Economy (1.5 CLE Credits)
- Top Wage & Hour Trends and Mistakes
- Commission Agreements
- Unpaid Interns
- National Labor Relations Board's Recent Pronouncements
- ADA Public Accommodation Issues
- Conducting Employment-Related Investigations — Interactive Discussion
The Hospitality Industry:
The Uninvited Guests: What the Hospitality Industry Should Anticipate in an Environment of Increasing Government Enforcement and Related Litigation (1.5 CLE Credits)
- Significant New Public Accommodation ADA Title III Regulations: Strategies for Avoiding Lawsuits
- OSHA's Increase in Enforcements and Preparing for and Managing an Inspection
- Best Practices for Immigration Enforcement Actions and Related-Discrimination Claims
- Wage & Hour Class Action: Tip Pooling and FLSA Update
All Industries (General):
The Great Debate (1.5 CLE Credits)
(Mock Debate Featuring Epstein Becker Green Labor and Employment Attorneys)
- Anticipated Labor and Employment Areas of Focus
- What to Expect During the Next Four Years in Labor and Employment Law Under the Obama or Romney Administration
Keynote Speaker, Liz Claman, Fox Business Network
Inside Out: Discovery & Professional Responsibility Obligations of In-House Counsel (1.0 CLE Credit in Ethics)
- Spoliation of Evidence, Document Retention/Preservation
- Abusive Discovery Tactics, Predictive Coding
- Social Media
- Privilege & Privacy
Epstein Becker Green is an approved provider of New York Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit. This seminar is approved for 3.0 hours of credit in Professional Practice, and 1.0 hour of credit in Ethics, and is transitional and appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this briefing, the registrant must be present for the entire session. Full scholarships to attend this briefing will be granted to nonprofit organizations, public sector employees and others for whom budgeting constraints would otherwise preclude attendance. To apply, send your request, stating the reason for your interest, to Christine Eschenauer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Epstein Becker Green is an approved service provider for New Jersey CLE. This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 3.0 hours of total CLE credit in Professional Practice and 1.0 hour of credit in Ethics.
- Kenneth W. DiGia
- James (Jim) P. Flynn
- James S. Frank
- Ronald (Ron) M. Green
- Gretchen Harders
- Carmine A. Iannaccone
- Kenneth J. Kelly
- Donald S. Krueger
- Jeffrey (Jeff) M. Landes
- Mark E. Lutes
- Michael F. McGahan
- William J. Milani
- Frank C. Morris, Jr.
- Maxine (Mickey) Neuhauser
- Lauri F. Rasnick
- Susan Gross Sholinsky
- Dean L. Silverberg
- Steven M. Swirsky
- David W. Garland
- John F. Fullerton III