John Houston Pope, Member of the Firm, co-presents "Named Plaintiff Depositions in Employment Class Actions: Best Practices for Plaintiff and Defense Counsel," a live 90-minute CLE video webinar hosted by Strafford.
This CLE course will prepare litigators to depose or defend depositions of named plaintiffs in class and collective actions. The panel will outline techniques for adequately preparing and questioning named plaintiffs and offer strategies to leverage deposition testimony during certification, settlement, and trial.
- Timing of deposition
- Questioning named plaintiffs and responding to objections
- Preparing named plaintiff for deposition and objecting to questions
- Using exhibits
- Using information obtained from social media
The panel will review these and other principal issues:
- What types of questions and questioning techniques will maximize the information obtained from named plaintiffs during depositions?
- What strategies are effective when responding to objections during depositions of named plaintiffs?
- What are the most effective ways for counsel to raise objections to questions during the deposition of a named plaintiff?
- How are class litigators incorporating social media into the deposition process?
- How can deposition testimony be most effectively used during class certification, settlement, and trial?
For more information, visit StraffordPub.com.