Mollie O'Brien and George Breen will speak at the Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute, hosted by the AHLA.
Ms. O'Brien will present "Urgent Care Centers: Key Legal Issues" on Feb. 5 (3:15-4:15 pm) and Feb. 6 (2:45-3:45 pm).
Mr. Breen will present "The Risks of Parallel Prosecutions—Preparing for Civil and Criminal Enforcement" on Feb. 6 (9:45 to 10:45 am and 1:30 to 2:30 pm).
- The key civil and criminal enforcement mechanisms available to the government, including an analysis of recent cases, key defenses and a discussion of current prosecution priorities
- Best practices on how to navigate the landscape of parallel investigations, including how and when to approach the government, what you can learn from the government, how much to tell the government, how to conduct business while a government investigation is pending, and the inferences and consequences of non-cooperation with the government
- Developing an effective game plan for responding to government inquiries: the government's expectations, and how to use issues identified through internal audits and remedial actions to your advantage
- Resolving the inquiry — to litigate or not litigate the case, what the government expects during settlement negotiations, and present trends in litigation and settlements
For more information, visit HealthLawyers.com.
- Board of Directors / Member of the Firm