Gary Herschman, Member of the Firm, co-presents "Strategic Transactions for Orthopedic Groups—Private Equity, Mega-Groups, Hospitals, Etc." at the 2022 American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS) Annual Meeting.
Last year, more than 30 orthopedic groups (including several large, reputable practices) partnered with private equity (PE) platforms, hospitals and other health care companies, and at least 15 more have transacted through the first half of 2022—with many more in process and likely to close before the end of 2022.
This Symposium is broken down into two parts. The first part of this session educates orthopedic group physicians and executives on:
- Why so many groups are transacting
- How orthopedic practices are valued
- Pros and cons of different strategic options
- Whether a partnership is right for your group
- How to best protect the physicians’ interests in connection with strategic transactions
The second part of this session includes a panel of 5 orthopedic surgeons whose groups partnered with 5 different private equity platforms, to provide their perspectives and answer the questions on everyone’s mind, including:
- Why their groups decided to partner with PE
- How “life has been” since the partnership
- What’s been good and bad
- What would they have done differently if they could do it again
- Pros and cons
- What has changed since the partnership started (any impact on clinical decisions, hours, staffing, benefits, etc.)?
For more information and to register, please visit AAHKS.org.