Epstein Becker Green’s 2022 Physician Transactions Conference was featured in Orthopedics This Week, in “While at [the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons’ Annual Meeting], Get Educated About Physician Group Transactions,” by Robin Young.
Following is an excerpt:
- Why orthopedic groups are transacting with private equity
- How private equity deals allow surgeons to “monetize” the value of practice ownership
- Orthopedic group valuations in private equity transactions (and how to maximize)
- The “Pros and Cons” of private equity deals – from a panel of surgeons who transacted
- “Second Bite” transactions are “Real” – from a panel of surgeons who experienced them
- How to protect yourself (and your group) in a private equity transaction