Featuring Acting Chair of the EEOC Victoria Lipnic and Leading Employers
New York (September 27, 2018) – Epstein Becker Green (EBG) is pleased to announce that it will host its 37th Annual Workforce Management Briefing on October 25, 2018, at the Hilton Midtown in New York. This year’s briefing—titled “HR’s Role in Protecting Your Brand’s Reputation”—features Victoria A. Lipnic, Acting Chair, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, as well as executives from businesses including: Allergan, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, IBM Services, JPMorgan Chase & Co., National Basketball Association, National Football League, Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., S&P Global, Tesla, Inc., and Walgreens Co.
“From the impact of the #MeToo movement to advances in technology, the workplace continues to shift and change, and employers must be prepared to respond,” said David W. Garland, Chair of EBG’s Employment, Labor & Workforce Management Steering Committee and a member of the firm’s Board of Directors. “We have put together a strong program and look forward to a day of exceptional thought leadership and professional growth.”
The day-long seminar will hold numerous workshops and feature panelists from various companies and organizations. Workshop topics include:
- The Future of Work: Artificial Intelligence in the Workplace
- Did That Really Just Happen? Practical Strategies for Preventing Unconscious Biases and Microaggressions in the Workplace
- Workplace Accommodations: When Equal Treatment Leads to Unequal Consequences
- Minimizing Litigation Risk When Hiring from a Competitor
- The Epic Effect and Alternative Dispute Resolution: Guidance for Employer ADR Programs and Preparing for Arbitration
- Gender Identity: Know Your Obligations and How to Foster an Inclusive Workplace
- A Time of Change at the NLRB: Effectively Navigating Evolving Labor Relations Requirements
- Equal Pay Is a Priority for Your Employees, but Is It a Priority for Your Organization?
- Wage and Hour Compliance: Working Overtime to Keep Up with a Changing Legal Landscape
Media are invited to attend the morning plenary sessions, including Acting Chair Lipnic’s remarks, as well as the luncheon featuring speaker Benjamin Pring, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Cognizant’s Center for the Future of Work. For press credentials, and to set up interviews with select guest speakers and EBG attorneys, please contact Piper Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Epstein Becker Green
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C., is a national law firm with a primary focus on health care and life sciences; employment, labor, and workforce management; and litigation and business disputes. Founded in 1973 as an industry-focused firm, Epstein Becker Green has decades of experience serving clients in health care, financial services, retail, hospitality, and technology, among other industries, representing entities from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Operating in locations throughout the United States and supporting domestic and multinational clients, the firm’s attorneys are committed to uncompromising client service and legal excellence. For more information, visit www.ebglaw.com.