Steve Swirsky, Member of the Firm, co-presents “Working With International Trade Unions” at the Practising Law Institute (PLI) Cross-Border Employment Law 2022 conference.
In this session:
- Learn how to guide multi-nationals who have or may have unionized employees
- Analyze key differences in the legal frameworks that pertain to efforts to unionize a workforce in the U.S. and other jurisdictions
- What’s the process when employees are attempting to unionize?
- What employers can/cannot do in response to a unionization effort?
- Understand key differences in the roles unions play if they are legally permitted to represent the employees and how do these differences affect what employers are required to make or would like to pursue in response thereto
- Explore whether a union can represent the employees in multiple countries or are there applicable extraterritorial limitations
- Evaluate the effects of the global pandemic on unionization efforts