Nathaniel M. Glasser and Marc A. Mandelman, Members of the Firm, will co-present “COVID-19: Layoffs, the WARN Act and Related Issues,” a webinar hosted by Resolution Economics.
The developing economic downturn flowing from the Covid-19 crisis has forced many employers to abruptly contemplate furloughs, layoffs, and reductions in force. These processes come with a range of regulatory requirements and procedural pitfalls that, if not carefully addressed, can lead to substantial litigation risk. This webinar will provide practical guidance as to how Legal and HR departments can best manage workforce adjustments and downsizing caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Topics will include:
- Developing defensible selection criteria and process
- Monitoring discrimination risks
- Utilizing ADEA/OWBPA – compliant releases to limit legal claims
- Complying with the WARN Act
- Addressing applicable state laws and jurisdictional differences
- Managing communication and messaging
For more information, visit GoToWebinar.com.