Presented by Epstein Becker Green Attorneys:
Carmine Iannaccone and Amy J. Traub
Epstein Becker Green attorneys Carmine Iannaccone and Amy J. Traub present this timely and important briefing on bullying and other acts of aggression in the workplace. Disruptive, and even violent, employee behavior is a growing workplace problem, and employers need to understand both how to prevent it and how to respond to it. Using real-life examples drawn from the headlines and the courts, this seminar will focus on the legal and practical guidance you need to address bullying and other forms of workplace violence, identify the “red flags” of bullying, and implement proper safeguards to avoid significant legal and financial liability.
Attendees will learn:
- the types of behavior that constitute bullying
- how to respond effectively to bullying in the workplace
- the potential legal pitfalls for employers in responding to bullying
- the useful “screening” techniques for identifying prospective employees who may be prone to harming employees or property, and
- the policies that your company should implement to prevent bullying and other forms of workplace violence.
Topics to be covered include:
- Bullying/Cyberbullying: The New Form of Harassment in the Workplace
- The Legal Issues Associated With Bullying/Violence In The Workplace
- Personnel Policies and Practices that May Give Rise to Claims by Employees
- Minimizing the Risk of Workplace Violence and Liability
This program is intended for general counsel, in-house counsel, human resource professionals, security personnel, and administrators of Employee Assistance Programs.