George Breen, Linda Tiano, and Clifford Barnes, Members of the Firm, will speak at the 48th Annual Blue Cross Blue Shield Association’s Lawyers’ Conference, which runs from May 19 to 22.
On May 19, Mr. Breen will present “Health Care Fraud Enforcement Trends: The Role of Quality and Medical Necessity in Government Investigations.” Topics include:
- the new enforcement landmines plans face through the Affordable Care Act
- the Government’s focus on Quality of Care and Medical Necessity investigations, including the applicable legal theories and defenses, a review of recent cases and how this enforcement effort can impact plans
- what plans can learn from these Government initiatives to be prepared to respond proactively, and to improve their own investigative efforts
On May 20, Ms. Tiano and Mr. Barnes will present “Population Health Management and Compliance in the Era of Health Reform.” Topics include:
- key compliance issues associated with population health management and comprehensive care systems
- managing risk arrangements, provider incentives and value-based purchasing, in the age of experimentation under the ACA
- managing confidentiality and privacy issues associated with integrating physical and mental health with a universal consent form
For more information, visit BNS2014.com.