Bloomberg Law Daily Labor Report’s “Weekend Read” newsletter featured “INSIGHT: Deals Galore—Health Care Transactions See Strong Third Quarter,” an article co-authored by Gary W. Herschman, Member of the Firm, and Yulian Shtern, Associate, in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice.
Following is an excerpt:
Every week, Bloomberg Law features articles written by and for legal practitioners, offering an insider’s view into the most important issues across every practice area: Bloomberg Law Insights.
This week we explored, among other important issues:
- The changing role of activist shareholders as catalysts for fresh ideas;
- Best practices for preventing a #MeToo moment; and
- Why momentum for mergers and acquisitions in the long-term health sector show no signs of relenting.
So sit back and have a look at what your colleagues are reading—and writing. …
Let’s Make a Deal
The long-term care sector kept its top spot as the most active sector in health care mergers and acquisitions so far in 2019 and the pace of deals in the cannabis industry also accelerated in the third quarter of 2019. Epstein Becker & Green attorneys and health industry financial/investment analysts highlight this and other common themes in health-care deals so far in 2019.
Read: Deals Galore—Health Care Transactions See Strong Third Quarter
- Upward Trend: Health care transaction activity has been increasing through the third quarter of 2019, setting a record pace as summer ends.
- Smoking Hot: The pace of deals in the cannabis industry has tremendously accelerated.