A Publication from Epstein Becker Green and The ERISA Industry Committee
Epstein Becker Green and The ERISA Industry Committee (“ERIC”) are pleased to release the current issue of the Benefits Litigation Update (“Update”). The Update is a publication which provides three primary components:
- Featured Articles addressing trends or topics currently being discussed in the benefits community which (i) explain why the topic is important, (ii) explain the impact of the topic on the reader, and (iii) propose some action that should be considered in response;
- Summaries of Pending Litigation involving important benefits topics; and
- Select Case Summaries involving noteworthy decisions in benefits litigation.
We have partnered with ERIC in this endeavor and thank them for all their work on this issue and the upcoming FocusOn call on July 29 at 2 pm (EDT).
– FEATURED ARTICLES –
ACA Workforce Management and ERISA Serve Up A Toxic Dish
– NOTEWORTHY PENDING CASES –
Equitable Remedies under Board of Trustees of the
National Elevator Industry Health Benefit Plan v. Montanile
Gobeille v. Liberty Mutual and ERISA Preemption
Telehealth in Texas
– NOTEWORTHY RECENT DECISIONS –
Continuing Duty to Monitor Section 401(k) Investments
King v. Burwell Decided: Business as Usual
for Employer Plan Compliance under the ACA
A Supreme Decision to Constitutionally Compel Same-Sex Marriages:
The Impact on Employee Benefit Plans
Rojas v. CIGNA: Court Limits Ability of
Healthcare Providers to Sue ERISA Plans
The Harris v. Amgen “Stock Drop” Case
Read the full Update here.