A Publication from Epstein Becker Green and The ERISA Industry Committee
Epstein Becker Green and The ERISA Industry Committee (“ERIC”) are pleased to release the current issue of the Benefits Litigation Update (“Update”). The Update is a publication which provides four primary components:
- Featured Articles addresses trends or topics currently being discussed in the benefits community which (i) explain why the topic is important, (ii) explain the impact of the topic on the reader, and (iii) propose some action that should be considered in response;
- Summaries of Pending Litigation involving important benefits topics;
- Noteworthy Developments addresses current issues that may impact employer plans; and
- Select Case Summaries involving noteworthy decisions in benefits litigation.
ERIC will hold a conference call discussing cases addressed in this issue on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 from 2:00 to 3:30 pm EDT.
ERIC members and trial members can register for the call by clicking here. If you are a prospective member and would like to participate in the call, please contact ERIC at (202) 789-1400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– FEATURED ARTICLE –
The Oddity of An Evenly Divided Supreme Court
– NOTEWORTHY PENDING CASES –
Bell v. Anthem: Fee Litigation and Fiduciary Responsibility
EEOC v. Flambeau: ADA Benefit Plan Safe Harbor
Trumps EEOC Wellness Program Voluntariness Attack
– NOTEWORTHY DEVELOPMENTS –
States Take Action to Shield Their Boards From Antitrust Laws
ADA Investigations: Do Your Benefit Websites
Make You A Disability Discrimination Litigation Target?
– NOTEWORTHY RECENT DECISIONS –
Supreme Court Narrows Plans’ Subrogation Remedies
Gallo v. Moen Inc.: Progress in Repudiating Yard-Man
Marin v. Dave & Buster’s: ERISA Class Action
Exposure from Reducing Employees’ Hours
Group Health Plan’s Residential Treatment
Exclusion Violates Mental Health Parity Act
Read the full Update here.