Frank C. Morris, Jr., and Jeffrey H. Ruzal, Members of the Firm, present “Avoiding Misclassifying Workers as Exempt or Independent Contractors,” a Clear Law Institute webinar.
In this recorded webinar, learn about the nuances and pitfalls of employee misclassification that can impact businesses of all sizes and in all industries. Receive guidance on how to uncover potential misclassifications (as either exempt or non-exempt or as independent contractors), how to rectify misclassifications if they occur, and how to avoid misclassifications from happening in the first place. Among other things, you will learn:
- How to analyze potential misclassification of employees based on all of the factors surrounding the job
- The manner in which the U.S. Department of Labor investigates potential misclassifications
- How to reclassify workers or modify their job duties to address any misclassification
- How to effectively communicate reclassification of workers
- How to avoid misclassifying workers upon hire and to avoid misclassification of independent contractors
For more information, please visit ClearLawInstitute.com.