Delia Deschaine, Member of the Firm, co-presents a workshop, “Compliance Think Tank — Building an Effective Controlled Substances Compliance Program,” ahead of the 5th Annual Summit on Controlled Substances – Regulation, Litigation, and Enforcement, which runs from July 11 to 13, hosted by The American Conference Institute.
At this practical, industry-driven working group, our speakers discuss how companies along the supply chain are using a tiered approach based on the appropriate risk level. This compliance think tank provides companies with the opportunity to upgrade their best practices, discover how their approach compares with their peers, and reevaluate their risk ranking approach while managing the costs of a robust controlled substances compliance program. Topics include:
- Designing a comprehensive compliance handbook
- Detailing the latest regulatory developments influencing risk management to maintain compliance and avoid unforeseen fines and/or federal charges
- Examining existing controlled substances compliance program and identifying gaps
- Best practices for conducting internal audits of your facility and controlled substance inventory to ensure preparedness
- Understanding data and mapping trends
- Responding to noticeable volume changes
- Developing monitoring protocols and strengthening internal controls
- Completing an appropriate biennial inventory of all Schedule II-IV controlled substances
- Improving theft and loss reporting requirements
- Ensuring proper whistleblower policies for your company’s program
- Exploring DEA compliance in a post-COVID world
For more information and to register, please visit AmericanConference.org.