An Act Now Advisory authored by Susan Gross Sholinsky, Member of the Firm, and Nancy Gunzenhauser Popper, Marc-Joseph Gansah, Associates, was cited in SHRM.org, in “FMLA Forms Extended Through August 2021,” by Allen Smith. (Read the full version – subscription required.)
Following is an excerpt:
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has announced that its Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) certification forms and notices are valid for three more years, until Aug. 31, 2021. DOL didn’t make any substantive changes to the forms, other than to announce the new expiration date, notes Epstein Becker Green.
These certifications and notices are:
- Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition (Form WH-380-E).
- Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition (Form WH-380-F).
- Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities (Form WH-381).
- Designation Notice (Form WH-382).
- Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Leave (Form WH-384).
- Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Current Servicemember—for Military Family Leave (Form WH-385).
- Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave (Form WH-385-V).