Patricia Wagner, Member of the Firm, will join a panel discussion, “Business Associates Under the Final Rule: Definitions, Contracts, Obligations, and Liabilities,” at ACI’s 3rd Annual Health Care Privacy and Security Forum, which runs from May 22 to 23.
- Analysis of the expansion of HIPAA Business Associate definition under HITECH Act
- Understanding when a subcontractor is a business associate
- Business associates’ obligations under the Final Rule
- Examining amendments to business associate agreements as required by Final Rule
- BAs as agents: when does the covered entity assume vicarious liability for BA acts?
- Managing and prioritizing BA Agreements before and during the grace period
- Due diligence for a BA Agreement
- Exploring civil and criminal liabilities applicable to business associates under proposed rule
For more information, visit AmericanConference.com.