George B. Breen, Member of the Firm, copresents “Aggressive False Claims Actions, Medical Necessity Determinations, and Individual Liability Charges” at ACI’s Advanced Forum on Healthcare Provider Disputes and Litigation, which runs from July 30 to August 1.
- Minimizing your exposure to False Claims Act violations under Health Care Reform’s expanded statute
- Examining the key considerations, strategies and timing involved in the motion practice and procedural issues when it becomes necessary to litigate a FCA case
- Ensuring diagnosis codes are properly submitted so that the provider is reimbursed for services offered
- Reporting overpayments to the government within a defined period of time to avoid increased monetary penalties
- Top 5 things to do now to diminish your risk of a government investigation
- Determining if a procedure was medically necessary and who authorized its performance
- Mitigating the risks of billing for services not provided, billing for a level of service not provided, or miscoding a claim to obtain reimbursement
- Working through available defenses to a Park charge
- Insulating yourself from liability in the government’s pursuit of individual providers for health care fraud
- Learning how to cope with corporate life under the government’s microscope
- Representing yourself accurately and producing documents to avoid false claims or obstruction of justice allegations
Mr. Breen also serves as Co-Chair of the conference and will provide opening remarks at 8:30 a.m. on July 31.
For more information, visit AmericanConference.com.