Jill Bigler, Member of the Firm, and Chris Page, Associate, co-present “Medical and Religious Accommodation/Exemption Issues Relating to COVID-19 Vaccines” at the 2022 Society for Ohio Health Care Attorneys and Ohio Society of Health Care Risk Managers 2022 Spring Virtual Conference.
In this session, Jill and Chris:
- Review Title VII and Americans With Disabilities Act regarding religious and medical accommodations.
- Discuss what constitutes a sincerely-held religious belief.
- Discuss what constitutes a disability or medical contraindication to receiving the vaccine.
- Discuss requirements of the interactive process between the employer and employee to determine whether a reasonable accommodation exists.
- Identify possible accommodations.
- Discuss accommodation compliance issues.
For more information and to register, please visit ohiohospitals.org.