Whether you’re a multinational corporation looking to transfer foreign employees to the United States, or a U.S. employer seeking specialized skills offered by foreign job candidates, you need legal counsel to effectively navigate immigration and nationality laws. Epstein Becker Green’s immigration team of lawyers will help you facilitate the admission of these individuals into the United States.
The immigration team provides a full range of immigration services, with emphasis in the areas of transferred executives, specialized knowledge professionals, investors, and family-based immigration. Using our international affiliation network, we have also developed an emigration program to assist U.S. employers in transferring employees to foreign countries. We keep clients fully informed about the status of their matters and strive to achieve desired results in a cost-effective and efficient manner. Our attorneys regularly represent public and private sector clients before the Department of Homeland Security, including U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), as well as the U.S. Department of Labor and the U.S. Department of State.
Who We Serve
Our clients include major multinational firms, financial institutions, restaurant and hospitality organizations, wireless and other high-technology companies, and fashion industry leaders. We also provide immigration services to almost all sectors of the health care industry, including major academic medical centers, ambulatory care facilities, biotechnology companies, health insurers, hospital and health multinational systems, long-term care providers, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, and physicians groups.
Services provided include:
- Counseling employers regarding the short- and long-term consequences of immigration-related decisions so that they understand what options are available and, thus, can select the most appropriate strategy for the particular employee
- Working with clients to prepare and implement immigration risk management policies that standardize the process, make it more predictable and less time-consuming and expensive, and significantly reduce the possibility of legal claims that commonly arise out of the sponsorship process
- Counseling employers regarding proper pre-employment inquiries to ascertain the immigration-related challenges that employment applicants present
- Preparing the immigrant and non-immigrant petitions and applications necessary to recruit and retain the talented foreign nationals that our clients need to maintain or expand their competitive edge
- Advising organizations regarding the immigration-related issues that arise in mergers, acquisitions, and other transactions
- Counseling employers regarding possible export control issues relating to the foreign nationals they hire
- Training human resource personnel on how to properly complete the Form I-9, and assisting them with the audits recommended by ICE to avoid violations
- Counseling employers on the immigration-related requirements associated with outsourcing organizational functions to vendors or hiring independent contractors
- Advising employers about the antidiscrimination, record-keeping, and employer sanction provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA), and defending employers against complaints for alleged violations of IRCA
- Representing employers in immigration-related actions in state and federal courts and before relevant administrative agencies
For clients in the health care and life sciences industry, our team also:
- Helps health care providers recover “PRUCOL” reimbursements, where permitted by state law
- Advises clients on the best recruitment strategies for foreign nationals as they strive to satisfy the demands for health care personnel under the Affordable Care Act
- Works with health care facilities and employers to prepare and file the application materials, secure the visa certification documentation, and/or obtain other documentation, necessary to hire and retain foreign doctors, nurses, and other health care workers
- Assists clients in satisfying the licensing, credentialing, and health care certification requirements under the immigration laws, and in tracking the expiration dates so that the organizations can ensure compliance with immigration and other legal requirements
- Helps clients secure the visas necessary to facilitate “medical tourism” in the United States and abroad
Who We Are
We are highly skilled and knowledgeable attorneys who concentrate on immigration issues and are able to bring a wealth of other experience to provide our clients with comprehensive solutions to their immigration-related issues. Our team is also made up of diverse members, and this is critical to our success. Diversity enhances our performance, enables us to assist most clients in the language that they prefer, and facilitates our ability to advise clients regarding foreign travel compliance and help them transfer U.S.- or foreign-based employees around the world.