Trends and New Developments in Protecting Company Trade Secrets and Human Assets
730 Third Avenue (between 45th and 46th Streets)
New York, NY 10017
An Interactive Workshop for Employers in the Financial Services Industry
Join Epstein Becker Green attorneys for an interactive roundtable discussion of trends and new developments faced by financial services employers in protecting company trade secrets and human assets. Topics to be discussed include:
- The usage of “garden leave” as an alternative to traditional non-competes
- Growing judicial and regulatory hostility to restrictive covenants, and what employers are doing in response
- The intersection of restrictive covenants and (former) employee social media usage
- Regulatory restrictions on confidentiality agreements
- The practical impact of the recently enacted Defend Trade Secrets Act
- Employee mobility and trade secret protection in California—what works and what doesn’t
- Circumstances under which employers are filing suit against former employees
For questions about the event, to request any auxiliary aids or services due to a disability, or to inform us of special dietary needs, please contact Sylwia Faszczewska. Please note, while we request two weeks advance notice of any request for special needs at the event, good faith efforts will be made to honor all requests received closer to the event date.
NOTE: Epstein Becker Green is an approved provider of New York Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit. The entire program is approved for 1.5 hour of credit in Professional Practice and is transitional and appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this event, the registrant must be present and sign in for the session.