The Hottest COVID-19 Employment Issues Part 2: Working Remotely – Key Employment Law Issues and Employee Benefits Issues That Employers Should Address Now
Attorneys Peter A. Steinmeyer, Susan Gross Sholinsky, Christopher A. McMican, Brian E. Spang, and Kathleen A. Barrett, will present, "Working Remotely: Key Employment Law Issues and Employee Benefits Issues That Employers Should Address Now," part two of a two part webinar series, "The Hottest COVID-19 Employment Issues," hosted by the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC).
Presenters will discuss the COVID-19 employment issues facing businesses now and the steps businesses can take to minimize their exposure to liability. While businesses consider a return to in-office work, the ongoing employment law issues associated with remote work and employee benefits continue to evolve and provide fertile ground for litigation. To anticipate and protect against these litigation threats, businesses need to know the recent legal developments related to COVID-19, reassess workplace policies, and implement practical solutions.
- the contents of a remote work policy
- wage and hour issues related to remote work
- the potential impact of remote work on restrictive covenant enforceability
- employee benefits issues related to COVID-19, including federal COBRA subsidies and retroactive COBRA notice requirements
- how to navigate requests for extended or permanent remote work
- frequently asked questions regarding COVID-19 and remote work
For more information, please visit ACC.com.