Nuts and Bolts of Medicare and Medicaid 2020
Kevin J. Malone, Senior Counsel, will co-present "Nuts and Bolts of Medicare and Medicaid 2020," a half day event hosted by the Practising Law Institute (PLI).
At some point in life, most Americans will qualify for either Medicare or Medicaid, or have friends or loved ones who do. Yet, few understand how the two government health care programs work. Whether working with clients who may benefit from Medicare or Medicaid; working with health care providers, hospitals, pharmacies, or health insurance providers who are compensated by Medicare of Medicaid; or simply want to learn the basics, this program gives a firm understanding of how these important government programs work. Speakers will explain what each program is; how they are funded; what they cover; the application process; who qualifies; how claims are processed; and limitations on the length and amount of coverage. Attendees will learn about changes to Medicare and Medicaid in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How has COVID-19 changed Medicare and Medicaid?
- What are Medicare and Medicaid?
- Who qualifies for Medicare and Medicaid?
- What are Medicare Parts A, B, C and D?
- How do Medicare and Medicaid work with private health care insurance?
- What are some ongoing and future changes to Medicare and Medicaid?
For more information, please visit PLI.edu.