Life after Ledbetter: What the Supreme Court’s Decision Portends for Pay Discrimination Claims
New York, New York 10017
Join us as we traverse the landscape in the wake of Ledbetter and provide legal insights and practice guidance on:
- The likely reach of Ledbetter on future "disparate treatment?" pay claims based on sex, as well as race, national origin and other protected categories under Title VII and related anti-discrimination statutes;
- The potential limits of Ledbetter on "disparate impact?" claims, as well as on cases brought under the Equal Pay Act, 42 U.S.C. Section 1981(race & national origin claims) and state/local fair employment practices laws;
- The possible effect of Ledbetter on the "continuing violation?" exception to the filing deadline in harassment and hostile work environment cases;
- How understanding dissenter Justice Ginsburg's anger can help employers prevent "Lilly Ledbetter?" lawsuits;
- Other practical steps to avoid pay discrimination claims; and
- Will Congress take Justice Ginsburg's call to legislatively overrule Ledbetter?
To register, click here.