Labor and Employment Law Briefings for Health Care and Wellness Executives and Human Resources Professionals:
945 East Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30326-1380
Mergers, Acquisitions, and Consolidations of Health Care Entities
Presented by Epstein Becker Green Attorneys:
Robert Berg, Evan Rosen, Kevin Ryan, and Brad Skidmore
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Program
This month's breakfast briefing covers mergers, acquisitions, and consolidations of physician and other health care practices and companies, focusing primarily on the labor and employment aspects of such transactions. Using a real-life acquisition scenario, a panel of Epstein Becker Green attorneys from several practice areas will discuss the key labor and employment law issues and pitfalls that executives and human resource professionals will encounter — from both the seller's and purchaser's sides of the deal. The attorneys will also address antitrust, corporate, and real estate issues.
Specifically, this interactive presentation will cover:
- Practical tips for the purchaser
- Practical tips for the seller
- Evaluating and negotiating the purchase and sale agreement
- Due diligence checklists
- Employee relations issues, such as vacations, benefits, stay-on bonuses, personnel files, employees out on leave, union issues, and Forms I-9
- Downsizing, including potential WARN Act, discrimination, and severance concerns
- Real estate aspects of the deal for both the landlord/owner and tenant, where the acquired medical practice owns an office building, surgery center building, etc.
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements
- Key issues for physicians and health care practitioners transferring practices, including notifications to patients, transfer of patient records, etc.
Registration Is Complimentary
For additional information, please contact
Elizabeth Gannon: (202) 861-1850, [email protected]glaw.com.