Implementing Telemedicine in Your Dermatology Practice: The Legal & Regulatory Framework
Amy Lerman, Machelle Dunavant Shields, and Elizabeth Scarola will present "The Legal & Regulatory Framework" as part of "Implementing Telemedicine in Your Dermatology Practice," a webinar hosted by DealFlow Events.
Congress just passed the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act. This legislation allows physicians to bill for patient care delivered using telemedicine during the COVID-19 pandemic. Dermatology practices should be preparing to use a telemedicine system to provide ongoing patient care in the event it becomes difficult – or impossible – to conduct in-person office visits.
This comprehensive webinar is geared for dermatology practices looking to implement a teledermatology solution, and designed to help dermatologists and their office managers make informed decisions.
Session topics include:
- Primer on legal and regulatory issues relating to telemedicine
- State laws and standards on licensure, scope of practice, remote prescribing and informed consent
- Federal laws and standards on HIPAA, BAAs, privacy and data security concerns, and prescribing of controlled substances
- Coverage and reimbursement basics
- Business considerations including corporate practice and contracts with vendors
- Malpractice and insurance considerations
- Overview of federal and state law changes since the COVID-19 outbreak
- What is likely to happen when the national health emergency is over
- Compliance considerations
For more information, visit Eventbrite.com.