HR Breakfast Briefings, Three-Part Series: Minimizing Risk in an Economic Downturn
945 East Paces Ferry Road, Suite 1400
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Thomas Cox, Epstein Becker Green
Evan Rosen, Epstein Becker Green
For many companies, the global recession has resulted in dramatic changes to the workforce, including the downsizing of employees through layoffs, furloughs, and other cost-saving measures. There are significant legal pitfalls associated with each of these measures. This presentation will educate employers about the risks associated with downsizing and provide a list of best practices to follow to help ensure that their companies are legally compliant.
Topics will include:
- Layoffs and furloughs
- The WARN Act
- Reductions in salaries/work hours of exempt employees
- Tips for drafting severance agreements
- Compliance with the OWBPA
- Hidden risks involved with downsizing and restructuring
- A legislative update on COBRA subsidy, unemployment extension, and the HIRE Act
To register, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact Jacqueline Chavez at 404/923-9086 or [email protected].