Health Care Reform: What Employers Need to Know Now – Practical Tips for Moving Forward in the Post-Election Landscape
Gretchen Harders, Member of the Firm in the Employee Benefits practice, will moderate "Health Care Reform: What Employers Need to Know Now - Practical Tips for Moving Forward in the Post-Election Landscape."
Implementation of health care reform is moving ahead at a rapid pace. In the wake of the election, the Obama administration continues to issue regulations and to take action to enforce the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
In this 90-minute TeleBriefing, a panel of leading in-house and private attorneys will address the ongoing impact of the Act on large employers and their group health plans and programs.
- Challenges in complying with health care reform to date, including preventive health benefits, dependent coverage to age 26 and grandfathered group health plans
- Timeline for implementing health care reform
- 2012 regulations taking effect, including claims and appeals requirements, medical loss ratio rebates and summaries of benefits and coverages
- What employers need to know on health care reform for 2013
- Employer "pay or play" mandate effective January 1, 2014 and its impact on large employers
- Practical impacts of DOL guidance on definition of employee for purposes of 90 day waiting period and the employer "pay or play" mandate
- Wellness plans and programs and legal challenges
- Important upcoming deadlines for employers
For more information, visit LawSeminars.com