Executive Agreements After the §409A Final Regulations: What Employers Need To Know About How the Final Treasury Regulations Affect Separation and Employment Agreements
New York, New York 10017
- A review of what constitutes: (i) deferred compensation; and (ii) a general overview of the 409A rules;
- The short-term deferral exception;
- The "separation pay" exception to 409A;
- The new safe harbor definition of "good reason" terminations;
- Drafting tips and pitfalls and what needs to be considered; and
- Compliance dates both in operation and plan documentation.
Please contact Jamie Millward at 212.351.4661 or [email protected] with any questions.