Employment Law Briefings for Human Resources Executives:
Washington, DC 20037
Not in DC? See below to register for the webinar broadcast.
Health Care Reform for Employers - Where Are We Now?
We are proud to present a Labor and Employment Law Briefing on March 9th as one of four in a series for the Employment Law Briefings for HR Executives Program. The first briefing is focused on Health Care Reform for Employers and is presented by Michelle Capezza and Gretchen Harders.
Health care reform was enacted in March 2010 and continues to be debated, but what does it really mean for you and your employees?
In order to comply with health reform's mandates, employers must navigate a regulatory tangle of questions while managing health care costs. In addition, employers must make sense of the impact that certain delays will have on their implementation process. This key briefing will provide you with the following:
- An overview of the health care reform legislation and its impact on employer-provided health plans
- A look ahead at employer and employee mandates and the Health Exchange
- An overview of the current tactics being invoked to delay implementation, such as:
- Constitutional challenges
- Deficit-reduction proposals
- Important considerations with regard to wellness programs
- Nondiscrimination rules for insured plans
- Impact on ancillary health benefits (FSAs, dental, vision, disability, and critical care)
- Tips on drafting communications
- Improving ERISA fiduciary procedures to meet the new focus on health care
Registration Fee: $25
To register for the on-site briefing, please click here.
To register for the webinar, please click here.
For additional information, please contact Elizabeth Gannon.